When Mama Bear gets an idea in her head- I have had it, I have literally had it. Why? Because Mama Bear has the idea- I have to fulfil that idea.
So here goes- today’s great idea is Cream Horns.
But the reality is- this was so super fun and Quick to make. Bring more of these on Mama Bear!
These absolutely delightful, super tasty treats literally take minutes to make. In Half an hour you can have one ready to eat. Or maybe more.
And here’s how its done
What you need:
- Metal cream horn cones. Can be found in various places. Heres a link
- Frozen Puff Pastry sheet
- Fresh Cream (whipped)
- Icing Sugar
Read here: Chocolate covered Strawberry Bouquet. Do it Yourself
And Here’s How it’s done:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees- or gas mark 5
Fully Thaw your Puff Pastry Sheet, and cut into long strips, On the Jus-Rol Pastry sheet I manage to get 12 strips. The best way to do this is to cut strips around 1.5 cm max.
Take each strip of pastry and wind it around the cone, overlap it slightly as you go along. It should form a nice spiral.
Place each one on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
Brush each pastry horn with some milk
Lift it up and dunk it in the sugar until nicely coated
Put it in the Oven for 18 minutes until a nice golden colour.
Allow to cool for a few minutes and pull the metal cone out.
Whip up the fresh cream and add icing sugar as needed
Pop the whipped-up cream into an icing bag, and once the horns are fully cooled, pipe in the cream.
And there you have it, these delicious treats are quick and easy, and My mama was one happy woman.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Bombs . Do It Yourself…. – acupofme
- Dont have metal horns? Cover icecreams cones in foil and use in same way.
- Add a little jam at the bottom of the cooked horn and then add freshcream for a little suprise
- Dip the top of the cooked horn in chocolate and allow to cool before filling in the cream
- Use freshfruit flavours in the cream, for different flavours
- Instaed of cream you can use thick custard, or creme fraishe
Will you be giving it a try?
Love and regards
Follow me on Insta? No? Why not? Find me here