Lock down means Afternoon teas are officially on hold for the foreseeable future, and I cant even invite anyone over for tea. (Thank’s to Boris). But where there is a will, there is a way…… and a big Thank you to all the companies that are now delivering to the doorstep…. And a big Thank you to Afternoon Tea delivered to your Door!!!! EEEEEkkkkkkk. What a time to be Alive! (I think I need to tell the postman about the house on sale on our street- it might make life easier for him. Ooooh and for me.)
Lock down has really helped businesses innovate, and Afternoon Tea delivery has got to be the ultimate Innovation! Don’t you think?,Don’t you? It’s a change from the normal fish and chips, and Deliveroo take out orders we order, and it can also be a special gift to give someone you love. Someone else who loves Afternoon Tea as much as me!
So the plan for today…… to go through my favourite Afternoon Teas delivered to your Door
Ultimate Afternoon Tea Selection by M&S- £20
‘This is not just food, this is M&S Food” Oh do M&S get ‘Food Porn’ right, or do they get ‘Food Porn’ right?…..My Gosh they get it so right! and they have definitely done it right with their ‘Ultimate Afternoon Tea Selection’
Heres What you Get:
- Victoria sandwich cake (410g)
- All butter Viennese raspberry creams (125g)
- Extremely delicious chocolate brownie mini bites (235g)
- Strawberry and clotted cream sponge roll (245g)
- 4 Cherry Bakewell tarts (190g)
- Scottish all butter shortbread fingers (210g)
- Classic ground coffee (227g)
- 80 Red label teabags (250g)
For your Quintessentially British Afternoon Tea- this ticks the boxes and surprisingly really affordable too. Treat someone- or yourself (Just adding to basket now )
Morrisons ‘Tommy’s Afternoon Tea Box’ – £15
This Tea Box is trending more than the M&S one, and it is quite cool. Known for its food boxes, Morrison’s have added a special ‘Tommy’s Afternoon Tea Box’ originally to celebrate the end of WW2. (£1 of each box will go towards ‘The Royal British Legion’)
Here’s Everything Included in the Box:
- Morrisons The Best All Butter Sultana Scones
- Rodda’s Classic Cornish Clotted Cream
- Mini Tiptree Strawberry Jam
- Lemon Bakewell Tarts
- The Best Belgian Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich Filler
- Cheese & Onion Sandwich Filler
- Morrisons 40 Everyday Tea Bags
At £15 for the box its ‘More reasons to Shop at Morrisons’
John Lewis Afternoon Tea Treats Gifr Basket- £40
The Prettiest one so far, wouldn’t you agree? Handpicked by the John Lewis Food team- this goes in at No.3 for me,
Whats In it?
- Belvoir Fruit Farms Elderflower & Rose Pressé, 25cl
- Belvoir Fruit Farms Raspberry Lemonade, 25cl
- Percy’s Bakery Delightful Creams Sweet Raspberry & White Chocolate, 135g
- Linden Lady Milk Chocolate Bar, 100g
- Radford’s The Sugar Mill Pink Gin Fudge, 150g
- Claire’s Handmade Strawberry & Elderflower Jam, 227g
- Cartwright & Butler Classic Earl Grey Tea, 30g
Bonus is you have a beautiful basket at the end of it! Who doesn’t love a good basket?
Fortnum and Mason The Teatime Gift Box -£25.
Famous for its tea, it would be rude not to have a Afternoon Tea gift box. and Fortnum and Mason know how to aesthetically please you….. well me anyway. Its a beautiful picture wouldn’t you say? So what does that mean? That means its already being shipped to me.
Included in the Box:
- Signature Royal Blend Tea
- Summer Glory Preserve
- All butter Piccadilly Chocolate Pearl Biscuits
Cupcake Cream Tea by Delimann.co.uk- £26.95
But what Afternoon Tea is complete without cupcakes? and scones, and jam, and cream…. this box has it all…. All!!!
Have a Look:
- 2 Devonshire Scones – freshly baked on the day of dispatch.
- Langage Farm Devon Clotted Cream 113g
- Delimann Extra Fruity Strawberry Jam 227g
- Delimann Refreshing Afternoon Tea, 15 bags –
- 2 Delicious Vanilla and chocolate Cupcakes – freshly baked
- Delimann Clotted Cream Fudge 150g
- Also includes an “Afternoon Cream Tea” instruction card on how to enjoy a Cream Tea at its best!
You can also add a cute personalised message and it comes in a Hamper! I can’t think of anything more I would want.
Cutter & Squidge Afternoon Tea at Home -£29.90
This eccentric Tea Cafe (a posher way of saying bakery) of London is now delivering to your doorstep….. (well to mine hopefully really soon! Eeeeek could I be more excited?!)
Whats in it?
- 2 x Indulgent Brownies
- 2 x Mini Lemon Drizzle Cakes
- 4 x Buttery Scones (please warm them up!)
- 2 x Pots of Rodda’s Clotted Cream
- 1 x Pot of Fruity Jam
- 1 x Cutter & Squidge Fine Loose Leaf Tea*
Tea and Scones Gift Selection by bettys.co.uk- £16.50
Bettys Tea room was founded in 1919, and introduced Afternoon Tea in 1927. And its still going strong….. but can we talk about the packaging? Damn it got me! I am a sucker for all things pretty….. but this…. this is a double whammy.
Pretty and Afternoon Tea- the Perfect Dream!
Here’s what’s Inside:
- Bettys Tea Room Blend 80 Tea Bags
- Yorkshire Tea Loaf
- Four Scones
- Strawberry Preserve
Did you see the tea loaf in the picture! yum! spread with a little strawberry preserve….. ahhhhh ( I am salivating, not a pretty picture!)
And Guys that a wrap, these have to be my top favourites, seems like the next couple of days I will be sticking the postman in the guest room, I’ll get my Afternoon Tea quicker that way.
Have you seen any other Afternoon Tea Boxes? Would you have your Afternoon Tea delivered? let me know what you would recommend, I’ll add it on to my list
Love and Regards
For more of my Afternoon Tea Adventures there’s a tab at the top or just click here
Don’t forget to add me onto Instagram to see me living in real time- you might catch my deliveries on there….
And now for the big debate: How do you like yours? Cream first or Jam?